Resources for Grantmakers
From Supporting Individual Artists
Revision as of 10:38, 15 January 2018 by Heather
Welcome! This is a resource for people who are invested in improving the lives of artists everywhere.
We have three pages for resources geared towards your work:
- Resources for Grantmakers
- Resources for Individual Artists
- Resources for Organizations Working With Artists
Advocacy and Casemaking
- Grantmakers in the Arts | Ten Years, Ten Lessons
- National Assembly of State Arts Organizations | Why Should Government Support the Arts?
- Grantmakers in the Arts | Supporting Individual Artists: A Toolbox
- 2018 PEAK Grantmaking Conference | The Role of Grants Managers in Bridging Microcultures
- Support for Individual Artists in the Folk and Traditional Arts
- Grantmakers in the Arts | Understanding Support for Individual Artists: Making a Case for National Standards
- CityLab | Why Cities Can’t Afford to Lose Their Artists
- Grantmakers in the Arts | Supporting Individual Artists – Preserving the Core of Humanity
- McKinsey | And the Winner is… Philanthropists and Governments Make Prizes Count
- Arts Professionals | Fair wage for artists should be ACE funding condition, Labour says
- Createquity | Supply is Not Going to Decrease (So It's Time to Think About Curating
History of the Field
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
- Funders Network - Helps grantmakers across North America advance strategies to create fair, prosperous, and sustainable communities.
- PEAK Grantmaking - Member-led organization by and for grantmakers.
- 2018 PEAK Grantmaking Annual Conference
- National Network of Fiscal Sponsors - Promotes the understanding and professional practice of fiscal sponsorship.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations - Community dedicated to effective philanthropy.
- IRS Grants to Individuals
- Streamlining Your Due Diligence
- Legal Issues for Grantmaking Professionals
- GrantCraft | Grants to Individuals
- IRS | Grants to Individuals
- IRS | Internal Revenue Code 4945: Grants to Individuals
- IRS | 4945 Guide Sheet for Advanced Approval of Individual Grant Procedures
- Exponent Philanthropy | Frequently Asked Questions about Grants to Individuals
- Essential Skills & Strategies for New Grantmakers
- Measuring What Matters in Nonprofits - On measuring success in nonprofits.
- And the Winner is… Philanthropists and Governments Make Prizes Count McKinsey & Company, 2009.
- Review of Scholarly Research on Artist Support - Surveys of the literature on individual artists’ sources of support and related topics.
- Supporting Individual Artists - Concise report about the choices grantmakers can consider when giving.
- CCIArts – Los Angeles: America’s Artist Super City
- Grantmakers in the Arts | Review of Scholarly Research on Artist Support
- NASAA Fact Sheet 2014
- 3Arts | Annual Impact Study – Illustrates program’s ripple effect across Chicago and beyond.
- 3Arts | Awardee Survey
- Createquity | Arts Policy Library: Fusing Arts, Culture and Social Change
- Createquity | The Last Word: Our Recommendations for Arts Philanthropists
Review and Selection
- GIA | Toolkit: Four Funder Models for Artist Selection
- Americans for the Arts | Artist Selection Resource Guide
- Call For Entry – Application and adjudication system for managing calls for entry.
- Fluid Review – Easy review processes for scholarships, grants, fellowships, awards, and more.
- Submittable – Accept, review, and make decisions on digital content using cloud-based submissions.
- Slideroom – Application tracking and management.
- National Center for Family Philanthropy - National non-profit dedicated to families who give and those who work with them.
- Grantmakers in the Arts | Artist Support Benchmarking Initiative
- Grantmakers in the Arts | Support Individual Artists
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy | Criteria for Philanthropy at Its Best: Benchmarks to Assess and Enhance Grantmaker Impact
- Grantmakers in the Arts | GIA Reader
- Splendid Legacy 2: Creating and Re-Creating Your Family Foundation - Professional handbook for managing family-run foundations.