Difference between revisions of "Resources for Grantmakers"
From Supporting Individual Artists
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Welcome! This is a resource for people who are invested in improving the lives of artists everywhere. We
Welcome! This is a resource for people who are invested in improving the lives of artists everywhere. We :
*the thriving of artists
*intentional and accountable about matters of equity
*a high societal value on art, artists, and creativity
*collaboration between artists and decision-makers in all sectors
*the broadest possible range of connections between artists and communities
Resources for Organizations Working With Artists
[[Resources for Individual Artists]]
[[Resources for ]]
== Networks ==
== Networks ==
Revision as of 18:22, 10 July 2017
Welcome! This is a resource for people who are invested in improving the lives of artists everywhere. We strive to uphold the following standards:
- Supporting the thriving of artists;
- Being intentional and accountable about matters of equity;
- Placing a high societal value on art, artists, and creativity;
- Fostering collaboration between artists and decision-makers in all sectors; and
- Supporting the broadest possible range of connections between artists and communities.
We have three pages for resources geared towards your work:
- Resources for Organizations Working With Artists
- Resources for Individual Artists
- Resources for Grantmakers
- Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers
- Funders Network - Helps grantmakers across North America advance strategies to create fair, prosperous, and sustainable communities.
- Peak Grantmaking - Member-led organization by and for grantmakers.
- National Network of Fiscal Sponsors - Promotes the understanding and professional practice of fiscal sponsorship.
- Grantmakers for Effective Organizations - Community dedicated to effective philanthropy.
- Essential Skills & Strategies for New Grantmakers
- Measuring What Matters in Nonprofits - On measuring success in nonprofits.
- And the Winner is… Philanthropists and Governments Make Prizes Count McKinsey & Company, 2009.
- Review of Scholarly Research on Artist Support - Surveys of the literature on individual artists’ sources of support and related topics.
- Supporting Individual Artists - Concise report about the choices grantmakers can consider when giving.
- IRS Grants to Individuals
- Streamlining Your Due Diligence
- Legal Issues for Grantmaking Professionals
- National Center for Family Philanthropy - National non-profit dedicated to families who give and those who work with them.
- Splendid Legacy 2: Creating and Re-Creating Your Family Foundation - Professional handbook for managing family-run foundations.